just do it, a themed reading and performance series, completed its 8th season at Theatre Charlotte in 2014. Originally co-created and produced by Vito Abate, it debuted in the East Village in New York City running as a bi-monthly series for three seasons (17 shows) in the early 1990s. It was later revived in Denver, Colorado in 2001 and premiered in Charlotte on February 29, 2008. Over the years hundreds of artists have participated in various ways.
The 9th season will premiere on Friday, October 10, 2014 at 8pm with Man's Best Friend, our 5th annual dog-themed, dog-friendly show.
Please see the "current season" tab for more information on upcoming shows.
Just Do It will return on Friday, October 10 at 8pm for our 5th annual dog-friendly show. Please check back for additional dates and theme announcements.
If you think you might be interested in participating in just do it, or have any questions, please e-mail producer Vito Abate at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Options & Guidelines
- Written pieces can be in any shape or form you like (short story, monologue, first person non-fiction account, short play, etc.) 7-8 minutes ideal, 10 minutes max. You can present whatever you like in whatever form. The producer does not serve as editor or censor.
- Movement/dance, poetry, musical/instrumental/song presentations, etc. 5-7 minutes max. Digital shorts. 10 minutes max. Must be on DVD, to be projected from DVD player.
- All submissions have the same draft deadlines and require submitting description of action, synopsis, song lyrics, musical style, outline/screenplay, etc.
- While new work created specifically for just do it is preferred, existing written pieces may be considered if they easily fit the theme and time limits, and have never been publicly read or performed.
- If you commit to participating, correspondence will be via email.