Anyone interested in performing on stage at Theatre Charlotte is welcome to audition. For musicals, generally you will be required to prepare a song and bring the sheet music to the audition and come dressed to move. For non-musicals you will most likely be asked to read scenes from the script. Perusal copies of scripts are often available for those interested in auditioning. Rehearsals are usually held Sunday through Thursday evenings. Theatre Charlotte is committed to diversity on our stage and in our audience. We strongly encourage actors of color to audition.
The Philadelphia Story
Auditions for The Philadelphia Story will be held September 9 & 10, 2018 at 7pm. This fast paced comedy takes place in 1939 and tells the story of Tracy Lord, a socialite whose wedding plans are complicated by the arrival of her ex-husband and a journalist who also catches her eye. Director Tonya Bludsworth will cast the following roles:
- TRACY LORD: Well to do socialite — lovely but strong willed and a bit naive. Age range: Mid 20's — early 30's.
- MARGARET LORD: Tracy's mother - younger than her husband but smart and knows how to play the game. Age: mid-late 40's.
- SETH LORD: Tracy's father. Suave. Age range: Early-late 50's.
- DINAH LORD: Tracy's younger sister - smart and precocious. She is 15. Would love to cast someone older who plays younger.
- SANDY LORD: Tracy's younger brother. Age range: 20-25
- UNCLE WILLIE: Tracy's uncle. Age range: 60-64
- MIKE CONNOR: Intellectual journalist who falls for Tracy. Age range: 30's
- LIZ IMBRIE: Photographer who can deliver some real zingers. Age range: Mid 20's — early 30's.
- GEORGE KITTREDGE: Tracy's fiance who has an air of wealth and propriety. Age range: 30's.
- DEXTER: Tracy's ex- husband, sarcastic, urbane and witty. Age range: Late 20's — early 30's.
- MAC: The night watchman. Age range: 30+
- EDWARD: The butler. Age range: 40+
- ELSIE/MAY: Maids (combining these 2 roles into 1). Age range: 24-60
- DR. PARSONS: He's supposed to do the wedding. Age range: 40+
Additional 2018-2019 Season Audition Dates
A Christmas Carol
October 6 & 7, 2018 at 1pm
November 10, 2018 at 1pm and November 12, 2018 at 7pm
Terms of Endearment
February 3 & 4, 2019 at 7pm
March 24 & 25, 2019 at 7pm