Anyone interested in performing on stage at Theatre Charlotte is welcome to audition. For musicals, generally you will be required to prepare a song and bring the sheet music to the audition and come dressed to move. For non-musicals you will most likely be asked to read scenes from the script. Perusal copies of scripts are often available for those interested in auditioning. Rehearsals are usually held Sunday through Thursday evenings. Theatre Charlotte is committed to diversity on our stage and in our audience. We strongly encourage actors of color to audition.
A Christmas Carol
Theatre Charlotte will hold auditions for A Christmas Carol on October 4 at 6:30 p.m. and October 5 at 1 p.m. Readings will be from the script. Headshots and resumes helpful, but not required. Need only attend one of the audition dates.
This production will be directed by Aaron Mize, with public performances December 6, 7, 8; 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 (11 performances.) Rehearsals to begin mid-October.
The role of Ebenezer Scrooge will be played by Ron Law. All other roles are open:
- Bob Cratchit: Hardworking clerk that works for Scrooge. A family man and loving spirit to his wife and children but especially Tiny Tim. Able to play 30s to 40s.
- Tiny Tim: A fragile boy with the heart of a lion. Able to play 9 to 12.
- Jacob Marley/Old Joe: Scrooge's dead partner; pawnshop owner. Able to play 50s to 60s.
- Fred: Scrooge's nephew. Loving and full of life. Able to play 20 to 30.
- Fezziwig: Jolly man who revels in the joys of life. Able to play 40s to 60.
- Young Scrooge: Studious and serious but still a caring soul that loves his sister Fan and his first love Belle. Able to play early 20s.
- Young Marley: manipulative; opportunistic; able to play early 20s.
- Ghost of Christmas Past: Wise; patient but firm. May be male or female. Able to play 20+
- Ghost of Christmas Present: Hearty and jovial apparition. Larger than life. A booming presence. Able to play 20s to 40s.
- Ghost of Christmas Future: Otherworldly and ominous. Able to play 20s to 50s.
- Doctor/Schoolmaster: Authoritarian. Able to play 30s to 50s.
- Undertaker's Man/Scrooge's Father: Stern and forceful. Able to play 30s to 50s.
- Peter Cratchit: Pleasant boy. Able to play 12 to 16.
- Young Boy Singer: good singer; able to play 10 to 12.
- Business Men 1-3: Able to play 20s-60s.
- Belle's Husband: Able to play 20s to 30s.
- Solicitor 1-2: male or female; eager and energetic. Able to play 20s to 40s.
- Belle: In love with Scrooge. Not afraid to speak her mind. Able to play 20s.
- Fan: Scrooge's younger sister. Able to play 11 to 14.
- Mrs. Fezziwig: Boisterous and just as jovial as her husband. Able to play 40s to 50s.
- Ms. Driftwood: Kind and timid. Able to play 20s to 30s.
- Mary (Daughter of Ms. Driftwood): Able to play child under 10.
- Mrs. Cratchit: motherly; able to play 30s to 40s.
- Elizabeth (Fred's Wife): Able to play 20-30.
- Belinda Cratchit: eager to help. Able to play under 12.
- Martha Cratchit: spirited. Able to play mid to late teens.
- Charwoman: street-wise; boisterous; able to play 30s to 60s.
- Laundress: Cutthroat and dirty. Able to play 20s to 40s.
- Street persons; party guests; people of London: all ages