Anyone interested in performing on stage at Theatre Charlotte is welcome to audition. For musicals, generally you will be required to prepare a song and bring the sheet music to the audition and come dressed to move. For non-musicals you will most likely be asked to read scenes from the script. Perusal copies of scripts are often available for those interested in auditioning. Rehearsals are usually held Sunday through Thursday evenings. Theatre Charlotte is committed to diversity on our stage and in our audience. We strongly encourage actors of color to audition.
Theatre Charlotte will host auditions for Ain't Misbehavin': The Fats Waller Musical Show on Saturday, November 10 at 1 p.m. and Monday, November 12 at 7 p.m. Please prepare 16-32 bars of a song and bring the sheet music. Resume and head shot are helpful, but not required. Director Corey Mitchell is seeking singer/actors for the following roles:
- Andre: An unrepentant party hound. A flirt and a bit of a womanizer. Gender: Male. Age: 25 to 45. Vocal range top: E6. Vocal range bottom: G2.
- Armelia: A voluptuous and sassy woman. Very strong-willed and not afraid to share her thoughts. Gender: Female. Age: 25 to 45. Vocal range top: C6. Vocal range bottom: G3.
- Charlaine: A sweet, young lady. Very innocent. Gender: Female. Age: 18 to 25. Vocal range top: G5. Vocal range bottom: G3.
- Ken: Jovial, cheerful, and loud. Larger than life. Gender: Male. Age: 25 to 45. Vocal range top: C6. Vocal range bottom: D3.
- Nell: Confident and charming. A knowledgeable woman of the world. Gender: Female. Age: 30 to 45. Vocal range top: F5. Vocal range bottom: F3.
Additional Audition Dates
Terms of Endearment
February 3 & 4, 2019 at 7pm
March 24 & 25, 2019 at 7pm