Theatre Charlotte is accepting applications for a Part-Time Concessions Manager. Working with other front-of-house staff and volunteers, this position will manage Theatre Charlotte's concessions stand during performances. This is a part-time position on a sporadic schedule in a fun and friendly atmosphere.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Daily setup, breakdown, and storage of concessions inventory in an organized, attractive, and hygienic manner
• Fast, friendly and helpful customer service
• Tracking sales & inventory
• Facilitating cash & credit card sales
• Preparing daily sales tallies
• Assisting with restocking or pick-up of inventory and supplies
• Maintaining a clean environment in the concessions area
• Assisting with special events & parties as needed
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, outgoing, organized, and self-motivated. The ability to provide outstanding customer service is a must. Prior bartending experience is not required; some experience in the food-service industry or working as concessions staff in a theater or performance venue is a plus. Candidates must be computer literate, be able to open a bottle of wine with a corkscrew, have good communication skills, and be a team player. Minimum age is 21.
For most performances, the Concessions Manager will be required to arrive at the theater 60 to 90 minutes before curtain and may leave after intermission, following sufficient breakdown and clean up (for an approximate total commitment of 3-4 hours per performance). The Concessions Manager will be expected to assist with any pre- or post- show events as needed. This position requires a flexible schedule and includes nights, weekends, matinees, and some holidays.
2016-17 Season Performance Dates:
YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU: Oct. 28-30, Nov. 2-6, Nov 9-13
A CHRISTMAS CAROL: Dec. 2-4, 6-11
CRIMES OF THE HEART: Jan. 20-22, 25-29, Feb. 1-5
A RAISIN IN THE SUN: March 17-19, 22-26, 29-April 2
MEMPHIS: May 12-14, 16-21, 23-28
If you are interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.